Action Water Sports Update and Response to Covid-19
- As I write this blog, we are planning on opening on May 15th which is our normal opening day. With that being said we do not know how this situation will affect that plan. Taking it one day at a time is all we can do right now. We will be keeping you posting on our Facebook, Instagram pages as well as our website.
Action Watersports Gift Certificate and Reservation Update:
- Due to the current situation, Gift Certificates bought in 2020 can be used in 2021 as well. We can not thank you enough for the gift certificates and watersport reservations you have purchased already. With a delay to the season or even a slow start, gift certificates will help us get through until business picks up.
- 2020 Watersports Reservations: Book with confidence, all bookings are refundable. If you plan to make an online reservation or if you already have, that reservation can be canceled if you are not able to make your Ocean City vacation. Please call 410-723-4227 for questions and or reservations.
Steps We Are Taking to Follow Guidelines for our Businesses:
Since our season has not started yet, there are no guidelines business-wise at this time but as mentioned above, that could change over the next few months. We will follow all the restrictions and guidelines put in place when the time comes. We need to work together to slow and eventually stop this pandemic and below are ways we can all help which have been mentioned by government officials.
Let’s work together and do our part to help stop the spread of COVID-19. It seems that each passing day there are more restrictions and for good reason. Taking action NOW could mean it ends quicker. Is that guaranteed? No, but it might help and personally, we do not want to find out what happens if we don’t follow these restrictions.
- How to Help Stop the Spread:
- Wash Hands… Seriously just wash!
- If you’re sick or not feeling well, lay low for a few days.
- Social Distancing as they call it. Distance yourself from others. This is big if we can do this now, we won’t drag this out through the summer. That means no play dates, no group gatherings, no playground, etc.
- Eat healthy food, going for walks to get fresh air, opening windows and wiping surfaces with clean wipes are all ways to help
- How to Help Local Business:
- Order carryout or delivery
- Purchase Gift Certificates to use later in the season.
- Reach out to a local business to see if they need help or to simply support them and let them know we will get through this
- How to Help Each other:
- Ask a neighbor, friend or business owner if they need help or supplies. Maybe you can help a small business deliver food if they are not usually a delivery place.
- Pick up some simple groceries for a neighbor if they can’t get out.
- Donate food for school lunches.
- Stop hoarding! Just pick up what you need. The panic shopping is actually making things worse since it makes others think they need to panic shop now or they won’t get any necessities they need.
- If you have extra food or necessities, share with someone who may not have what they need.
- Take a break from the constant news on social media on TV